Frequently Asked Questions

I got a ticket. What do I do? – You should contact the Byram Municipal Court on or before the date the officer wrote at the bottom of the citation. This date is simply the deadline for you to inform the court if you are choosing to be heard by the judge or wanting to simply pay the associated fine. Anyone receiving a traffic citation is entitled to speak with the judge.

How do I pay a traffic ticket? – You may pay fines associated with traffic citations online here.

Someone called and informed me that there is a warrant for my arrest? – Byram Police Officers will never solicit money over the telephone. If you are contacted by a police employee, you will be directed to contact the Municipal Court for further information. Never send money or offer payment over the phone. Online payment options are available.

How do I get a police report? – If you are the victim of a crime, you are entitled to a copy of the police incident report at no cost to you. Criminal Incident Reports and Crash Reports are available from our Records office during normal business hours. You may call (601) 372-7747 for more information. Fees apply. Reports are typically available in 3-5 business days. Certain investigative reports may not be available for public release. Click Here to submit an online request for police report.

I need a fingerprint card for a job. – We complete fingerprint cards Monday – Friday, from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm. You must bring your state issued photo identification. Fingerprint cards are completed for $15.

Got a question not answered here? Contact Us