To be considered for employment opportunities, applicants must complete the Police Employment Application. Unsolicited resumes are not accepted.
Is Byram Blue right for You?
Police Officer / Police Recruit
The Byram Police Department is accepting applications for the position of Police Officer / Police Recruit. To apply for this position, interested persons shall be at least 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or G.E.D. Applicants shall have NO previous convictions for felony crimes or misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence.
Applicants shall agree to participate in an extensive selection process that includes:
- Physical Fitness Test (Click Here for State Fitness Requirements)
- Written Examination
- Board Interview
- Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
The Byram Police Department offers officers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Recruits start at $26,300 per year/raised to $30,000 upon successful completion of basic academy and field training programs
- Certified Officers start at $30,000 annually
- Lateral Officers (Certified with at least 3 years of post academy experience) start at $35,000 annually
- Up to $1,300 education pay for employees with college degrees
- Employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- State PERS Retirement
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Assigned take-home car (certain restrictions apply)
- All necessary equipment provided
Applicants desiring consideration for this position MUST complete the application packet (link above). Unsolicited Resumes are NOT accepted.